Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Kids

You know I was just about to start a blog in China, in fact I had my first paragraph all ready done when my daughter came up to me and asked if she could watch her "favorite" movie.

Being a huge Roger Rabbit fan, seriously I have a hat!, I said sure...knowing full well I'd really like to go to bed now. Ok, so I start to explain to her that this movie isn't actually her favorite but one of her favorites. I'm not entirely sure if she rolled her eyes, but I think she may have actually sighed the words "what ever"...did I mention she is under the age of 10?

Going on about the love of my life she opens her hand up, the one not carrying the movie, and says she has a present for me. The present? I heart that had already broken off of one of her necklaces and a rock.

Happy to accept I gladly took the treasured items, biting at the tongue to ask if these to were her "favorites". Before I could actually say anything this little voice says "I just wanted to give you this one because you are a good mom (the rock) and the other one is because you are a good mom of the heart". Aww, are you crying because I was just about there. Until...

the follow through...I really don't like these anymore, you can have them. Ah out of the mouths of babes. She's still my favorite.

No comments: